Monday, September 17, 2012

Accomplishments Recognized.....Humbled and Thanks

I have been tying streamers for about ten years. The first were complete awful wrecks I must say. But fortunately there were a few very talented streamer tyers out there who were gracious enough to comment very constructively and help guide me to become much better. While you look upon a streamer that has come from your making and can find beauty and accomplishment in its design, but to have wonderful comments placed upon it by your fellow fly tyers is the ultimate tribute.

I have been fortunate enough to have a streamer of mine published along side the works of several fine streamer tyers who hail from all over the world.

In the latest issue of "FLY FUSION" magazine is the article. It was placed by Darren MacEachern.


"Adirondack".....a streamer I created a so named for this beautiful region of New York state.

I also have a feature on my streamers to be published on, Global Fly Fisher, on September 20th....http://globalflyfisher.com/ Thanks to Bob Petti for the presentation. I hope you'll check this feature out.

CLICK IMAGES TO ENLARGE

38 comments:

  1. congrats, a fine looking streamer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Alan, the streamer reminds me of the fall colors in the Adirondacks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,
      Thanks.
      That's exactly what I was thinking as I tied it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Alan!

    Congratulations for your achievement! The streamer looks very nice indeed.

    Best Regards,
    Mats Olsson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats bud! Look forward to fishing with you again, soon. John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice Al!!I love the fall colors- you matched the leaf hatch!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Beautiful ties and your color variations are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midgeman,
      Thanks.
      The "Poudre Canyon Special" is one of the featured streamers in the Global Fly Fisher feature.

      Delete
  7. Nice Job! There is just one problem....There is certainly more than one of your streamers that deserves recognition. BTW...I still think you need to come out with a coffee table book of your streamers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiwi,
      Thanks.
      There are several of my streamers featured in the Global Fly Fisher feature.
      A book....only wish I knew how to start.

      Delete
  8. Hi Alan...Congratulations!! The fly looks gorgeous.

    I was at B&N the other day and say that magazine but did not browse through it unfortunatley.

    I will swing by later this week and read the article.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Alan. A beautiful streamer for sure.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. You deserve all the accolades that you get,your work is for the most part original and a real joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. phly,
      Thanks.
      Your kind comments mean a great deal.

      Delete
  11. The finest streamers I have had the pleasure to lay my eyes on :) Well deserved for sure. I love the header pic by the way :) Tight Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trout MaGee,
      Thanks.
      Your comments are appreciated.
      That header pic is one of my faves.

      Delete
  12. Way to go Alan...well deserved based on the images I have seen here over the last year or so...wonderful looking flies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One more comment Al. Congrats and you are the man!!!! Great job!!! Honored to have had the opportunity to fish with!! Here's to many more trips on the river!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TROUT1,
      Thanks.
      Those are wonderful comments, I truly appreciate them.

      Delete
  14. Nice going Alan. This is certainly a well deserved feather in your cap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard Levett,
      Thanks.
      It's a very nice feeling.

      Delete
  15. That's awesome, Alan. A little recognition once in a while is good for the ego.

    ReplyDelete